Spotlight Saturday: Boy Meets World flashbacks, True American rules and Tim Horton's TV-inspired donut
This week we did the world a great service and tracked down the cast of Boy Meets World to see what they'd been up to since their TGIF TV domination. The best news about there 2013 whereabouts is that many of them have signed up for the reboot/reimagination of their show, Girl Meets World, which will feature Cory and Topanga's daughter. Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel are really excited about it, naturally.
In other TV news, we talked to Katie Cassidy this week about Arrow, and her eventual (inevitable?) transition to Black Canary. And with The Walking Dead returning on Sunday, we've got interviews with Norman Reedus (aka Darryl Dixon) and The Govenor himself, David Morrissey, who was quite amusing on the subject of learning to act with an eye patch.
Big weekend for music with the Grammy Awards this Sunday. The Lumineers will be among those performing, which is great because who hasn't had "Ho Hey" stuck in their head in recent months. Also, Rihanna and Chris Brown take two. Eeps! We're looking at potential Grammy dramas that could unfold.
And there's been a lot of other hilarity around the Internet this week:
- HIMYM gave us the final chapter of the Robin Sparkles story full of Canadian awesomeness, including Jason Priestly shoving a Timbit into a Tim Horton's donut, which Timmies turned around and actually created and dubbed "The Priestly." (Canada.com)
- Also, the lost Robin Sparkles/Daggers liner notes (Vulture)
- Hilariously CBS has issued a dress code for the Grammys. Yeah, like that'll work. (Washington Post)
- Monopoly retired its iron playing piece, but now all the crazy cat ladies amd gentlemen in the world have a token they can truly love. (Today)
- Finally somehow has deciphered the rules to New Girl's True American. It's going to take some practice to master though.
- Matthew Perry's saving the Field of Dreams baseball field, which is awesome. (Hollywood Reporter)
- Everyone needs to see this adorably cute dog. (Gawker)
- Lainey (of Lainey Gossip) did a TEDx Talk in Vancouver which perfectly articulates the ecosystem of celebrity gossip and so much more.
- Pacey is still the most adorable celebrity boyfriend. (Celebitchy)
- Another week before the Oscars, means another week of quotable gems from Jennifer Lawrence. (Vulture)